Concento RDG simplifies MDG rule-based workflow maintenance
Concento RDG is an SAP certified application on Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) to facilitate MDG implementation with intuitive UI and process automation. RDG automates many of the technical configuration steps that are required to implement SAP MDG and it offers a user-friendly interface to be more relatable to business users.
One good example is the creation of a change request type and configuration of the corresponding rule-based workflow. RDG has a single screen where you can create and customize the workflow with a UI5 based user interface.
Typically a user needs to perform the described steps to create a change request type/workflow:
- Create a change request type
- Transaction MDGIMG
- Go to the Change Request menu
- create a new change request type
- Configure the Workflow BRF+ Decision Tables
- Non-User Agent DT
- User Agent DT
- Single Value DT
Below are some of the standard screens to create and customize the workflow:
With the RDG, user can easily create the change request type and rule-based workflow without needing having prior knowledge with BRF+ application and decision tables configuration.
To create a change request type and customize the workflow in RDG:
- In the main RDG menu, select “Manage MDG Workflow”
- User can subsequently create any change request type for any data model (we selected BP in the following example).
- After the change request type is created successfully, the corresponding BRF+ application for the rule-based workflow is also created automatically.
The User can now assign approvers to the workflow with a graphical UI.
After the workflow is saved, all the decision tables that are needed for the rule-based workflow are populated automatically.
MDG workflow can now be maintained without programming and BRF+ configuration!
For the original blog visit : https://blogs.sap.com/2021/04/25/concento-rdg-simplifies-mdg-rule-based-workflow-maintenance/